Thursday, April 9, 2009



Perhaps I am crazy? Having been working on organizing, gathering info on, and scanning my mother's side of the family's photos for MANY years already, not to mention some of my Dad's side:
I have taken on my biological father's side of the family - and they are just about as messy as my mother's side: mostly loose and in boxes. With auntie's help, thank goodness.
How do we end up the Keepers of the Family Stories & Photos? I'm not sure, but I know most of the other family members appreciate it. Show some interest in family history and genealogy, and voila, you assigned the task! Ok, ok, and be willing! The secret to success: to know that you do not have to do it all at once. It could take years. Decades even. But once they are digitized, you can easily get copies to multiple family members. That makes there chances of preservation so much greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment